9/18/20: Stay Active During The Pandemic!
Family-Friendly Ways to Stay Active Right Now
One of the keys to maintaining health and happiness at any time is physical fitness. However, during these challenging times, it’s difficult to ensure your family maintains an active lifestyle. Complicating it more, some places are closed and you’re trying to follow safety protocols. If you’re struggling with finding ways for you and yours to keep fit, these resources can help.
Do Things Together
Spending time with your significant other and your children is a wonderful way to not only get some exercise but also make memories. Find both organized and playful activities the whole family can enjoy together, building your physical, mental, and emotional wellness.
● Get outside and play together
● Go for a walk in your neighborhood
● Stream some family-friendly workout videos
● Find inspirational ways to interest your kids in sports
Create an Appropriate Space
Armed with some great ideas, consider where you and your family can participate in your fitness journey. Carve out space at home that will be comfortable and enjoyable for everyone.
● Install a backyard court for tennis, golf, basketball, or other sports.
● Add a fitness area to your home’s interior.
● Outfit your exercise areas with appropriate gear
● Don’t forget to include kid-sized equipment
● Employ age-appropriate safety strategies
● Explore the mind-body connection through yoga
● Sign up for Ellipse Fitness Training Center’s on-demand online workouts
Spend Time in Nature
As restrictions lift in many states, among the areas families can safely start visiting are outdoor parks and trails. This is ideal for not only getting some exercise and enjoying each other but also connecting with nature. You can reduce stress levels and savor the fresh air.
● Spend time on trails
● Include yoga in hiking and camping
● Climb a tree together
● Mountain biking can be exciting for all ages
Physical activity is an important part of any wellness program. Find things you can do together, whether in your own house, backyard, or neighborhood, and engage with nature for the added health boost. It’s more important than ever to stay mentally and physically fit, and while it might be challenging right now, you and your family are worth it!